Monday 25 June 2012

Welcome to 'Bronwen's Dowry'.  This is a writer's diary and an editor's advice surgery all in one.
Here I intend to chart the progress of my various writing projects from seeds of inspiration to whatever they grow into.  Along the way, I hope to be able to share some ideas, lessons learnt and good advice - from various sources.  Mainly, I hope to have fun and make some new friends.
'Bronwen's Dowry' was the title of my Ian St. James award winning fantasy short story.  Bronwen had no money but she had her own special talents.  Through the use of these, step by step she built up her and her new husband's fortunes until he was in a position to realise his potential and she to see her dreams come true.  It seemed an apt name.

8 comments:

  1. Less lonely now? I look forward to following your musings, jubilations and, hopefully not too many, tribulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - even having one person to talk has to be better than talking to myself....

      Delete
  2. Hi Belinda, glad to see you in blogosphere. Hope life is being good to you. Miss you. Good luck with the blog! I'll be following. k xx
    greenjamjar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To be honest, I am fumbling in the dark and hoping that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train.
      Miss you too, lots xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Belinda - I look forward to many future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully there will be. I have lots of good intentions and no desire to pave the road to Hell....

      Delete
  4. Ah, it is not under your name - but under the name of a story you wrote - hence my confusion this morning. Glad you have the courage of your convictions and I look forward to the journey with you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome! Glad you found me.

    ReplyDelete